FIRST OPEN BIBLE CHURCH
2105 East Route 30, Rock Falls, Illinois 61071
HOME EVENTS SERVICES MINISTRIES
1925 to 2003
2003 to present
The original congregation of the First Open Bible Church was founded on May 1, 1925 by 15 charter members under the name FULL GOSPEL ASSEMBLY (Pastor Banta), which met temporarily on 5th Avenue and 10th Street, Sterling. The congregation moved to another facility on 5th Avenue and 4th Street, Sterling, on November 1, 1925. Between 1933-1940, the name of the church was changed to GOSPEL TABERNACLE (Pastor Swanson), which subsequently became a charter member of OBSC on January 25, 1949 (Pastor Hume). The archives report a budget of $35,000 the following year, with a total value of church property (including a parsonage) of $45,000. Easter Sunday that year enjoyed a record attendance of 370 persons, with a 40% increase in Sunday School attendance which required two buses. Pastor Chase ministered 15 years, 1979-1994, succeeded by Pastor Doug Ramsey, Sr. Pastor Les Funderberg came on board September 1, 1996. A 75th Anniversary celebration of the church was held on November 5, 2000.
Due to increased
attendance, a larger facility was purchased on April 30, 2003, for $435,00,
located at 2105 East Route 30, Rock Falls, on approximately nine acres with
several other buildings. The first service was held on September 3, 2003. The
vision of sports and recreational activities as Evangelism Outreach will
ultimately require expansion on this versatile site, under the continued
outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
Postal address...2105 East Route 30, Rock Falls, Illinois 61071
Electronic mail... Webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org